cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents being charged for broadband with new fibre phone

sw77
Joining in

My elderly parents recently had their landline cut off without any written warning (that is a separate issue) due to the fibre rollout. After failing to resolve the issue over the phone with customer services I was able (via web chat) to arrange an engineer to come to their house last Friday to install a hub and reconnect their phone. In arranging the landline reconnection my parents were put on a new contract which included M125 broadband even though they do not use the internet which I thought didn't seem right & speaking to the engineer he confirmed that the hub he set up is in "dummy" mode for  home phone usage only & so they shouldn't be paying for broadband.

Can anyone help confirm this please?

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @sw77,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that this has been happening, we can certainly look into this for you, in order for me to do so I would need to pull you into a quick private message which I will send to you shortly, if you have not used this function before you can access this via the envelope at the top of the page.

Speak to you soon. Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @sw77,

Thanks for that private message and short webchat, I have followed through on what we have discussed and this will reflect on your parents bills shortly, if you do have any further questions or issues about this, please do reach out and we will be happy to help.

Thanks. Joe