cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parents Landline dead

Jono2
Tuning in

Elderly parents landline is dead.
They are struggling to report the fault. They don’t have broadband- so I’ve tried using the website from my home to report it but the options on the pages don’t move on. Live chat is useless! Phoning virgin gets me nowhere with the options available. 
I need a virgin engineer to test their line remotely to see if that’s the problem before I drive all the way over there to see if they need a new phone.
how do I make that happen? 

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jono2, 

Thank you for getting in touch and I am very sorry to hear your parents are experiencing issues with their landline. 

I would be happy to take a look at things from our side but I will just need to take some further details via private message.

I will pop this over to you now and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi Natalie

thank you for getting back so quick. Their phone line has now been sorted. A helpful neighbour stepped in who was also having problems.
The virgin website needs improving, though. Some web pages don’t work properly. I had issues trying to order a new remote for the TiVo box on the website. Phoning them was just as bad. 
but thank you! 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jono2, 

Thank you for getting back in touch and letting us know the problem has now been resolved, this is great to hear. 

We are aware of some issues with the webpage and our team are working to get them resolved but we would recommend trying another browser if possible. 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Jono, 

You said a neighbour helped your parents to resolve the issue. Do you know exactly what they did? My elderly parents have been having the same issue since Wednesday - we've even bought a new handset to no avail - and we're struggling to get the right help (same issues as you with VM website and support). 

Any help would be appreciated.

Nakita

Hi n_haland,

Sorry to hear this is happening to your parents line 

If I can send you a private message to gain account details, would that be okay 

Regards     
Gareth_L

Yes, please do. 

Just sent one now for you n_haland 

Gareth_L

Hi Nakita 

It turns out that there was a problem in the area - even though the website said there were NO problems In the area. As the neighbour was having issues too he got on to virgin and went round my parents to tell them he was on to it. 
virgin website is pretty useless most of the time! And they need to sort it. 
I had to jump through hoops on the phone to get a new remote for my tv box cos the website was useless. (Not to mention the person who answered the phone - answered with the biggest, loudest yawn! ) 

sorry I couldn’t help.