cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside Installation

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

I’m trying to get BB and backup landline. Ordered middle of May. Installation date agreed 2 June. New date given 22 June. Outside installation still not done. Everyday it comes on as appointment scheduled between 8am and 6pm with only change of date. 
I’m without internet and landline from 2 June as the previous provider discontinued from 2 June. 
Has anyone had similar issues and how would I get my service? 

38 REPLIES 38

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @FUWVM01

Thanks for your reply

She's not on holiday and will be back to answer your private message as soon as she is back on shift. Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

I’m not sure whether any Virgin media managers read these blogs. My experience is that they are not. Let’s try again to get some help. I had perfectly functioning Internet and landline. 
Virgin media put through the door promoting their services. I signed up in mid May and they agreed to install internet and landline on 2 June. Failed to install. New date 22 June given. It came and went no installation. Then new date given 8 July. No installation. New date given 30 July. 
I’m very certain that it’s going to be the same. During this period I do not have any internet or landline. Spend hours on speaking to various teams and located in number of countries. 
No Virgin media personal contacted me to offer any advice or help. There were two Virgin Media people who picked up my previous logs. But they are helpless and in my view useless.

My landline was disconnected by Virgin on 2 June. They could easily reconnect and give me at least landline through existing copper wires that are perfectly capable in doing that. 

Is there anyone with similar experience and could someone please advise how to move forward. Please do not ask me to wait till 30 July. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to happen. 
Over to any manger who read this to contact me. Thanks. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there FUWVM01,

Adri is currently out of office so I've assigned this to get an update on the matter.

I can see that you have another thread open too regarding this, has this been resolved yet?

Thanks,

Kain

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

Thanks. 
Answer is ‘no’ not yet. 

Thanks for the update FUWVM01,

As my colleague Kain advised, as soon as he has any updates we will post back to you. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

Thanks for quick response, though it’s of no use to me.  
it’s my experience that even this forum is sometimes, yes sometimes, utter waste of time time and resources. 
Thanks   

FUWVM01
On our wavelength

Is there a specific process at VM that must be followed for SAR? Or could I just phone or email them and ask them what I need?

Thank you. 

Hi there @FUWVM01

Thank you for reaching back out, can I ask if you have viewed our help page online here to request a DSAR?

Hi Ash_C

thanks, no I haven’t. But now I have gone through. It’s useful. Thank you. 

Hi FUWVM01,thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues with this. Have you now managed to request this? - Chris