cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our £2.25 a month and free voicemail services ??? IS VOICEMAIL FREE OR NOT?

MoiraBT67
Tuning in

Hiya,

On the M250 Fibre and Weekend chatter landline, I am trying to find out if the Voicemail if free or not as I do not recall the options at time of order ?

How to set up and manage voicemail for Virgin Media landline

Our £2.25 a month and free voicemail services store messages recorded by callers – to help you decide how urgently to return their missed calls or tell you everything you needed to know.

How to use Free Voicemail

Included as standard on your phone plan. Your messages can be:............

So confusing or is it done on purpose ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just to clarify, there is a totally free voicemail that comes with all accounts. There is no charge at all. Then there is a Voicemail Plus which is currently *£3. We apologise for the confusion on that page. The following document on page 4 can best explain the difference.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MoiraBT67 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

In general, there is a free voicemail and a Voicemail plus that you pay for. You can find all you need to know s well as how to set it up here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/set-up-landline-voicemail

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Morning Akua,

Indeed I read what's in the link before posting and I am none the wiser. Quotes from your website : 

What is voicemail?

Our £2.25 a month and free voicemail services store messages recorded by callers – to help you decide how urgently to return their missed calls or tell you everything you needed to know.....

How to use Free Voicemail

Included as standard on your phone plan. Your messages can be:

• Up to 1 minute long.....

How to use Voicemail Plus

Remote access is why most people upgrade to Voicemail Plus for £3 a month – on any phone or mobile, you can check your messages, even while you’re away from home......

So is the basic voicemail without remote access free or not ? When does the £2.25 apply ?

Thanks for a straightforward reply.

Just to clarify, there is a totally free voicemail that comes with all accounts. There is no charge at all. Then there is a Voicemail Plus which is currently *£3. We apologise for the confusion on that page. The following document on page 4 can best explain the difference.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@MoiraBT67 wrote:

Morning Akua,

Indeed I read what's in the link before posting and I am none the wiser. Quotes from your website : 

<snip>

So is the basic voicemail without remote access free or not ? When does the £2.25 apply ?

Thanks for a straightforward reply.

Refer to the phone user guide for the differences in the free/paid for voicemail (pages 4 and 5 in the document footnotes)

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf

The charge of £2.25 for voicemail plus is an add-on service

VM's voicemail cannot be used with call waiting on the same line

Further add-on services are shown below

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010123_Eve...

page 2 of the document footnotes and bundles of add-ons for £3 or £4 per month.

These are all recurring monthly charges you pay to VM forever while in contract.

If you are going to have to buy some new cordless handsets though (as per your other BT Diverse 3016 phone topic) why not get a system with its own answering machine which has remote access features to the answerphone if you need that feature? That is a one-off payment which you might be able to include if you have to get a new cordless phone setup.

Thank you Akua for clarification. I was very confused by the wording and the different charges for Voicemail Plus. I have now activated the free basic voicemail service via 1571 and everything is working good.

Thanks to all again.