cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Package Number Port From BT

kiteboywales
Tuning in

Hi all

I ordered a new broadband and phone package last night and I am thinking of leaving already!! It appears that I missed the port number from BT to virgin option (apparently) 

Ive had a complete run around today and tonight of people saying they will sort it out - but I know they haven't as I haven't had the usual message from BT to say we sorry your leaving.........the last person I spoke to on the phone was going to finish the call without even taking the number I wanted to transfer!! So again I have no faith whatsoever that shes done anything at all

What a shower! I know I ticked the option to port too as Ive had this issue before so I wasnt going to make the same mistake twice!

Anyway already Im thinking VM are a waste of cash so might cancel within my 14day cool off.......but what is the correct number to call to sort this type of issue out?

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello kiteboywales,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with porting your number over to us.

Has the BT account closed now?

We can port the number across once your account is active, providing BT is still active.

The whole process takes 10 days.

It is encouraging that you received the message from BT about leaving, As we do contact other providers to request permission to take port the number over.

Have you been installed yet?

Gareth_L

Only ordered VM last night and the quick start is due to be delivered on Friday

When Ive done this in the past as soon as the order with VM is in I get an email from BT to say sad your leaving essentially

Thats not happening yet and my BT services are still active at the moment - I havent contacted BT yet and dont intend to!

Thanks for replying kiteboywales.

Can you please let us know once you have activated the services.

That way we can take some details and request the number to come over.

Gareth_L

OK Im connected - happy with the speed too. I have a new landline number so obviously need the port done from BT
Can the forum team request the number port for me now?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kiteboywales 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and get this sorted for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs