cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old phone wire

Jeme
Joining in

What happens to the old phone wire once I get virgin? I mean the one that runs from the pole in the pavement to my house. It will become redundant. Can I have it removed?

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You would have to call openreach for a quote to remove it if you really need it done. VM can't touch other companies equipment 

Hi Jeme,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. As our valued member @jb66 has already advised, this would be a BT query.

I don't think they would remove this cable unless it is causing significant issues.

Please keep us posted with what BT advise.

Kind regards Jodi. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jeme wrote:

What happens to the old phone wire once I get virgin? I mean the one that runs from the pole in the pavement to my house. It will become redundant. Can I have it removed?

You can have it removed by Openreach, but bear in mind this may complicate issues if you ever decide to move back to Openreach provided services.

Most providers will re-use an existing line & only charge you a small switching fee. If the line is removed & has to be reinstated some of these companies charge you £100-150 to put it back in.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks