cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old landline number not transferred

MC61
Just joined

We recently moved from sky back to virgin. We did it online and ticked the box for our number to transfer. It was originally a virgin number. We just checked as people said they could not contact us and saw we have a new number,. On ringing virgin we were told it has not been transferred. We have had this number for 27 years! Can’t believe we can’t get it back some how??

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MC61, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've lost your landline number and for any inconvenience this may be causing you, your friends and family. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.  

Regards

Lee_R

Saorsa
On our wavelength

We have just moved from SKY to Virgin (end November) and old number (of almost 40 years) has not been ported over - umpteen webchats/calls/complaints in writing and still waiting on a resolution - see the whole gory story under "Problems getting landline ported over to Virgin (5 January 2023).  

Hi there @Saorsa

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that your number port has not across as expected, can I ask if the number is still active with your old provider? If you're not sure are you able to check that the number is active with them?

Thank you

Saorsa
On our wavelength

Hi Ash

Already in communication with Matt about this issue - as have posted directly about my experience on this.  There does seemto be anissue withadequate information being given to new customers about how to ensure they keep their old landline numbers.

Thank you for letting me know @Saorsa and I do hope Matt is able to get this resolved for you. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant teams as well.

Thanks again and please do let us know how things go.