cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer (from BT) to Virgin Media

davidl500
Tuning in

Hi there,

Have recently signed up for Ultimate Volt bundle as it seemed a very good deal at the mo. I gave my home phone number during the order and requested a number transfer from BT - but this isn't shown on the PDF contract that's come out.

Additionally, I received a separate email asking me to call about the number transfer - "We'd like to talk to you to as you have asked to keep your existing phone number and we will need to clarify more information to process your order . This will help us take the next steps towards getting you signed up, so just call our team on 0800 052 7588."

After calling (and then being transferred from Sales to "pre-install", I think), I spoke to a couple of operators who seemed very confused about why I was calling and didn't seem to know anything about a landline transfer.

That (along with the associated O2 account setup going rather wrong) has put me on the back foot - I'm a bit concerned about the number port request having gone missing or getting held up!

Can someone from VM please check what the situation is for me? Obviously, I'll leave any personally identifying information out of this public post!

We presently still have our BT line, and haven't cancelled it - Virgin installation is due for the 12th Jan if that helps 🙂

Many thanks,

-David

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davidl500 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I would like to take a look into the status of your number port process.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

For anyone watching the thread (as I know it can be frustrating when people post and never return), Lee has been very helpful passing it on and chasing it up via PM.

Lee has also said that VM will credit for the additional overlap time paying BT which is fair enough.

It sounds like the number port request went missing or just never made it to the team. At the moment, I'm still plugged into the BT line.

Lee, has there been any response from the number port team - even an acknowledgement or similar?

Thanks for the update @davidl500, which I'm sure will be of great benefit to readers of the thread.

If you're able to drop @Lee_R a private message, he will be best placed to assist further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi @davidl500, thanks for getting back to us.

I will respond to your private message.

Regards

Lee_R