cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number temporarily out of order

birdni
Joining in

My landline hasn't worked for about a year. Even plugging the most basic handset I get no dial tone. If I call it from another phone I get 'This number is temporarily out of order'. It's been like that for over a year now. I called Virgin to report it but they keep telling me there's a fault in the area. And then when I finally get somewhere after two hours they tell me the department I need is closed and call back tomorrow. Even though its before 9 which is their customer support hours. I tell them I've reported the fault to them and it's not my responsibility to keep reporting the same fault to them! I tweeted @VirginMedia and they said "i Nick, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us and that you're experiencing issues with your landline! If you want to avoid calling in, please post your query on our Community Forums http://virg.in/VMforums and we can help further.^PZ" and "A staff member will be able to run further tests on your landline to see if this can be resolved remotely. If not, we will be able to book in a technician for you. ^PZ".

So here I am ....

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @birdni,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had ongoing issues with your landline for so long! 

I have been able to locate your online account on our system and I can see that there is an ongoing area outage under the Fault number F008445761. This outage is still ongoing and is estimated to be resolved on 09/08/21 at 13:10.

However, this outage is only impacting your broadband service, therefore your landline issue should not be experiencing this problem.

After looking into this issue for you further, I can see that there is an ongoing issue with the landline. Before we can look into this further, I will need to have you confirm a few details.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm your details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page. 

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Any update?

Thanks for coming back to us @birdni

I believe that you've sent a private message to @Paulina_Z

She will seek to be in touch with you as soon as possible, however is is now likely to be on Monday

Kindest regards

David_Bn

Okay, thanks.

Was wondering whether there is any more information yet on this? I've not had any response since Friday.