cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Steveharley
Joining in

I moved house on 19th November, from a virgin media enabled address, and kept exact same services. Phone number was meant to stay the same but for some reason I was given a new one.

I contacted online chat on 20th November and was told there had to be a number porting request, advised this would take 10 days.

After 10 days, the number still hadn’t been transferred and I rang to speak with someone who said I needed to pay £25 to keep my number, after I complained I was told there would be no charge. I said I wanted to make an official complaint and the advisor hung up.

I rang again the next day and was told it would be sorted within 48 hours. It wasn’t.

I rang again on 10th December and was told the reason it hadn’t worked was that my old address hadn’t been deactivated. I was told this would be sorted within 5 days.

it still isn’t sorted.

I’m still not clear why it’s a number port when I’m moving from a virgin media address to a virgin media address. 

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Steveharley

Thanks for posting. Really sorry you've had some issues with the number port and then the complaint. It would be a number port still because even though it's Virgin to Virgin, you're moving the number from one address to the other. 

I shall send you a PM now to discuss this further and hopefully we can resolve this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Steveharley

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the port was arranged.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill