cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting delay compensation

SqueezyBranston
Joining in

OFCOM stipulate, “Phone providers must offer compensation if they block or delay you from porting your number when switching.  They must also explain clearly how you can claim this compensation.” (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/changing-provider). 

I have raised the issue of compensation for the delay in porting my number with Virgin complaints twice.  On both occasions they have ignored the substance of my complaint and failed to clearly explain how to claim compensation.

What is the process for claiming the compensation mandated by OFCOM?

How is the amount of compensation offered calculated?

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the delays SqueezyBranston,

Welcome to the community.

To clarify, is this a request to get a number ported from another provider or are you transferring away from ourselves?

Let us know,

Kain

As part of my order for Virgin Media broadband and phone I specified that my number should be ported from my old provider.  The order was placed 18 days before the Virgin Media service went live.

Thanks for coming back to us @SqueezyBranston.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L