cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port

UsmanM92
Tuning in

Been trying to port my old landline number since April with no luck so far. The carrier for the number is BT and since my old contract with Virgin ended in March the number was returned to them. Two unsuccessful ports later and a Virgin advisor has asked me to speak to BT on their behalf about reactivating the number so that they can port it. 
Spoken to BT today and they said the only way they can reactivate the number for release is for me to go into contract with them. 

I know the port can be done because it's been done many times in the past every time I've gone into contract with Virgin. Advisors are telling me it can't be done and I should just give up.

Anyone had any experience with this sort of issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @UsmanM92

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, if the number is deactivated this would be entirely on BT's behalf and whether they can reactivate the number or not is unfortunately a different story. If the number is active we can most certainly look at getting this ported over to us but if deactive - unfortunately it would not be possible.

My apologies for any inconvenience - please keep us updated if BT are able to resolve this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

UsmanM92
Tuning in

I had the same issue a few years ago. It was resolved for me then without any interference from me. BT have said I need to go into contract with them for them to release the number which I don't want to do.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @UsmanM92

Thanks for your reply

If BT have advised of this then unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about that. My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs