cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port to Sipgate rejected

Voiplover69
Tuning in

Hi there,

I attempted to port my virgin media phone number to a voip company called sipgate but have been informed that virgin media rejected it. The reason given was incorrect postcode, however the postcode provided on the forms is correct and correlates to the postcode on my virgin media bill. Does anyone know why this would happen? Are virgin media purposefully making it difficult for me to leave? Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Voiplover69 thanks for your clarification.

That could be the issue but it's hard to say without investigating this thoroughly - please allow me to send you a PM to discuss this further, and kindly answer the security questions requested!

Please expect this to arrive shortly.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Voiplover69, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

That is strange, especially if the postcodes definitely match what we have. Can you please make sure that any numbers in the postcode haven't been mistaken for letters or vice-versa? For example, the letter O and number 0?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I checked the forms I submitted and i have written it correctly. And my bill is also correct.

However, I have just notcied that the address on my contract has the postcode entered twice and an as you suggested there is an O instead of a 0.

How bizzare - could this be the issue?

Do you know how i could get this ammended?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi @Voiplover69 thanks for your clarification.

That could be the issue but it's hard to say without investigating this thoroughly - please allow me to send you a PM to discuss this further, and kindly answer the security questions requested!

Please expect this to arrive shortly.

Many thanks

Tom_W