cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of rings before landline goes to answer

abinetvol
Joining in

Hello,

I volunteer for a UK national organisation helping older and disabled people with technology in their home. I have an elderly gentleman client, a Virginmedia customer, who has significant hearing problems and would like the number of rings before his landline goes to answer to be increased from 5 to 10. 

On 29th June, I contacted Virginmedia support who advised they had made the change but that it may take 24 hours to complete. Last week, I visited my client who advised the 'phone is still set to answer after 5 rings. After checking it, I agreed so contacted Virginmedia support again who categorically stated that the number of rings on a Virginmedia landline is fixed and cannot be changed from 5 rings - comments on this community suggest otherwise.

I will be visiting the client again on Wednesday 25th August at 14:00 so it will help if I can have a definitive answer on this and even better, if it can be arranged to adjust it.

Many thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi abinetvol,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community I have reached out to double check if we are still able to extend the rings on the landline before kicking into voicemail, we can removed voicemail altogether which would mean it will ring until answered.

Regards

Paul.

Many thanks for the info Paul. I will not know until I visit the client on Wednesday but I think it unlikely he will want voicemail disabled completely. He is not as spritely as he once was so just needs the 'phone to ring a little longer to recognise it is ringing and to get to it.

Having had two attempts to get this setting changed by calling into Virginmedia Support, is there a way I can ensure success when I try again on Wednesday afternoon please? 

Hi abinetvol,

My colleague will be able to answer this later when he is in, I will get back to you then.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Hi abinetvol,,

I will be able to help but I would need to clear security on the account, when you are with the customer please come back and we can invite you into a private chat so we can clear security, when ready click on the purple envelope to accept once you receive it.

Regards

Paul..

Hello Paul,

I am now with the client who has the VM account details.

Hi abinetvol,

Fabulous - thanks for popping back.

I'll send you over a PM now so I can take the account details and help further.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope!

Beth

Beth

Hello Beth,

I replied to your chat but have not received any response from you. 

Did your receive my replies and the information rewquested?

Hi abinetvol,

Please be aware that the Community Forums is not an instant response messaging platform - I was just taking my lunch break 🙂

I'll respond to your PM now.

Beth

Beth

Thank you for confirming the details via PM, security has been passed.

I have requested for the number of landline rings to be set to the maximum amount on the account. This will take affect within the next 24 hours.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Beth

Beth