cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferred

void
Joining in

Signed up a few days ago for an upgrade for existing Virgin broadband to add a landline, with explicit request to transfer existing number from BT. However I just received a text message telling me I'll actually have a new, different number. Have had the existing number for many, many years and do not want to lose it, but cannot find who to contact to arrange the port.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @void

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Ok so every customer who joins us using a landline will have a new number and then if they want to port an existing number, providing we can, we'll port it over it 🙂 process is 8 working days.

Can you confirm, the number we're discussing that you wish to port, is still active?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for replying. The text message I received didn't mention anything about a subsequent change, just the new number.

As far as I can tell, yes the old one's still active; it rings when I call it.

Thanks for coming back to me. We can only port it an active number, have you given the old provider notice to cancel it?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No, we haven't cancelled it. 

Ok thanks, I shall send you a PM now. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @void

Just to update the thread, the port was processed.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team