cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text as voice messages on landline

HubbyAtHome
On our wavelength

I recently upgraded my package and removed some call features.

I now can't send a text message from my mobile to my landline.

I used to be able to get the text messages, which were converted into a voice message.

I looked through the forums and i got the impression I needed the voicemail feature activated. It's now been activated for a number of days but I still can't get these voice messages sent to my landline.

Could someone tell me why? Or what feature I need to achieve this?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I have raised this with our second line team to investigate further, they will give you a call if they require further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

HubbyAtHome
On our wavelength

Still not able to recieve text messages that automatically convert over to voice messages.

Not received any phone calls from any 2nd line techs.

Really need this fixing please.

Hi HubbyAtHome, 

Apologies to hear this is still an issue for you. 

I can see the Work order that Zak raised with our FMS team is still open so I have updated this for you today so they are aware this is still an issue. 

I will check back on things on Monday to see if they have confirmed they have resolved it. 

Just for you to know, they will only contact you if they need more information from you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just had a call from virgin back office team...

This isn't something Virgin support so they'll not be looking to resolve it...

Couldn't make this BS up.

Yet clearly states in that .PDF this is something virgin media does.

What a shockingly incompetent and dishonest service you guys run over there.

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf

"It’s simple to send and receive texts to most landline or mobile numbers in the UK*. And if you already have the right equipment, you can get texting right away! All you need is an active Virgin Media phone line, a text compatible phone and to be using the Virgin Media Caller Display service"

"If you are using the Virgin Media Caller Display service, your phone alerts you that a text has arrived (usually with a beep) and you’ll be able to read the text message on your phone’s screen.To subscribe, call us on the number on the back of this guide.Haven’t subscribed to the service or registered with Virgin Media Text? You’ll receive your text message as a normal phone call and the message will be converted into Voice Text"

* Messages can be sent to any UK mobile number or UK landline number excluding Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Ma

Hi HubbyAtHome, 

I'm so sorry to hear this. I have conferred with my colleague and have confirmed this is something the team should be looking in to as it's a feature that isn't working. As you have correctly pointed out, in our user guide it advises this should work. 

I have re-raised this to the team and left further notes on there for them to look in to this further as a priority. 

They may well contact you again though - just for you to be aware. 

If you hear anything before I post back here, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Phone call again today, I could hear the frustration in the lady's voice.

Calling to tell me this isn't something virgin media do and no one knows why it's in the phone user guide.

Said she'd even spoken to a manager who clarified it isn't something virgin do.

I've now transitions from annoyed to amused.

A service others have on these forums, but not something virgin do.

A service I had at the begining of the year, but not something virgin do.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/SMS-and-Landline/td-p/4338630

Hi HubbyAtHome

Thanks for coming back to us. I am so sorry for this, apparently from checking with the team it's not something we do offer anymore but I will feed this back to avoid confusion in the future.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Strange I can send a text to friends on virgin media and the text get's converted to a voice message still.

This is something all UK landlines are supposed to do.

You guys do realise that government organisations like HMRC require you to recieve a 2-step verification code sent via SMS to access your account?

Seems odd that virgin media would remove this facility that's required to access such accounts without warning