cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

Willy4
Joining in

Since yesterday callers to my landline phone get a message stating that the number is not recognized.I  checked the line status online and got a reply saying no problems.I have switched off my router for 10 minutes and then rebooted but the problem is still there.Two calls to 150 have still not sorted the problem.An engineer will visit n e on Monday to check for problems.Is there anymore that I can do till then.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Very sorry to hear you are having a similar problem.I have checked all my connections carefully and can find nothing out of order.Also when I first called the Virgin help number 150 , the person I spoke to on my phone told me to hang up.He then called me back saying all was ok thus demonstrating that my equipment and wiring were in order.However , after the call I called my phone from my mobile phone and once again got the same recorded message stating there was no such number .I then called 150 again but the lady couldn't sort it and said an engineer would call next Monday.I am sure the problem is with the external Virgin software.I will post the result of what happens on Monday.

@Bell23 wrote:

Well I hope you have more luck than us our phone has not been receiving incoming calls since they moved us into the hub from the 21st 2 engineers later both had no idea what was wrong  supposed to have a engineer Thursday but never arrived so now waiting for the next engineer but am beginning to think they have no idea why.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Willy4, and a very warm welcome to you!

If we have deemed that an engineer is required to resolve this issue, we would sadly have to advise that there would be little you can do until this visit has taken place

Sorry we're unable to offer a better response

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Bell23
Joining in

Well I hope you have more luck than us our phone has not been receiving incoming calls since they moved us into the hub from the 21st 2 engineers later both had no idea what was wrong  supposed to have a engineer Thursday but never arrived so now waiting for the next engineer but am beginning to think they have no idea why.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bell23,

Thank you for your post

Sorry to hear you are having issues, and that you have posted regarding this on another thread. Please keep to one thread so we can best assist.

Your Tech is booked for tomorrow and can be viewed on your My Virgin Media account, under Help> Orders and Appointments.

Zoie

Very sorry to hear you are having a similar problem.I have checked all my connections carefully and can find nothing out of order.Also when I first called the Virgin help number 150 , the person I spoke to on my phone told me to hang up.He then called me back saying all was ok thus demonstrating that my equipment and wiring were in order.However , after the call I called my phone from my mobile phone and once again got the same recorded message stating there was no such number .I then called 150 again but the lady couldn't sort it and said an engineer would call next Monday.I am sure the problem is with the external Virgin software.I will post the result of what happens on Monday.

@Bell23 wrote: