cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls on my landline

CAROB99
Tuning in

I have exactly the same problem. Virgin informed me that my phone line was to be switched from "wall socket" connection to "modem" connection and they provided me with an adapter to do do. I installed this to discover that whilst I could make outgoing calls I could not receive incoming calls. I called Virgin on the "150"  service. The first responder could not fix the problem and he said he would transfer me to the "second line team". I waited and waited and the line went dead. I repeated the process dialling 150 again with the same result, namely  a dead line upon the so called transfer. There has been no follow up from Virgin. My phone still is not capable of receiving incoming calls. So I have a  defunct phone and I have wasted time and effort on the "150" service. Please can someone from Virgin help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My problem is now resolved and everything is working fine. The Technician arrived as scheduled. His name was Eamon and he was prompt, efficient and courteous. The fix was very simple. Something on my account had to be reset centrally to complete my switch. Eamon phoned "Field Support" and arrange for this to be done, and it was within a few hours after Eamon left and I got a follow up call to check that this was all satisfactory.

So, all is well that ends well and thanks again for your help. I am of course left wondering as to why this vital last step was not done without all this intervention. This was a change initiated by Virgin (not by me) and your inability to finish the job led to much wasted time, expense and frustration. 

Best wishes, Rob.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @CAROB99 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you once again for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had these issues with your landline. 

Are you able to try an alternative landline handset to confirm that this isn't at fault. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak - thanks for your response. No, I do not have an alternative handset. My handset was working perfectly when connected to the wall socket. It was only when you discontinued that service and required me to switch to modem connection that things stopped working. I would appreciate you doing what you can to sort this out. I do not want to waste any more time on the 150 service which has failed me so far as explained in my first post. Thanks, Rob.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have taken a look over things and we need to get an engineer out to you, I will need to pop you over a PM so that I can confirm your address. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me with that information via PM @CAROB99 

I have booked the engineer visit, for the date, time and to make any amendments please visit your my virgin media account.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks Zak. I've got the details of the tech visit. I appreciate your help. Rob 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all. 

Please do let me know how things go. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

My problem is now resolved and everything is working fine. The Technician arrived as scheduled. His name was Eamon and he was prompt, efficient and courteous. The fix was very simple. Something on my account had to be reset centrally to complete my switch. Eamon phoned "Field Support" and arrange for this to be done, and it was within a few hours after Eamon left and I got a follow up call to check that this was all satisfactory.

So, all is well that ends well and thanks again for your help. I am of course left wondering as to why this vital last step was not done without all this intervention. This was a change initiated by Virgin (not by me) and your inability to finish the job led to much wasted time, expense and frustration. 

Best wishes, Rob.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rob.

I'm glad that everything is sorted for you now, I do apologise for the amount of time that it has taken to get this issue resolved.

If you need any more help in the future, please don't hesitate to get back in contact.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team