cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non POTS (VOC back of Hub 3 port) failed “Call Divert/Ringback” in BN3 7N?

horseman
Alessandro Volta

Background
:

Context was:  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/BN3-7N-Updates-Mon-13th-assume-1GBps-upgrad...

Summary:

Since the above SNR issue was reported in September then I had a failure on my landline (no dial tone and no ring-in) so attending Tech upgraded our previously working POTS to “voc” SH3 port instead.  
Call Divert unfortunately proved to be intermittent until I got a NMS firmware update to 9.1.1209.200 early this morning.

Current Issue:

While  “Call Divert” (Blue zone viz: *21*my mobile#  ) has been working for last few hours the 156 ringback has consistently failed since the VOC upgrade.

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the update @horseman.

In that case, please get in contact with us after Xmas so we can best help with this. Early Merry Xmas to you too 🙂 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Corey_C

Hi horseman,

Can you clarify if by 156 ringback you mean the 17070 ringback from the test?

Cheers,

Corey C

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Corey_C wrote: ………Can you clarify if by 156 ringback you mean the 17070 ringback from the test?…..

Thanks Corey, I suspect you’re referring to after users STD+teleno is confirmed and user prompted to hang up awaiting ringback?
I can now see from my Panasonic cordless that “line-in-use” momentarily activates albeit no ringer. I haven’t (yet) tested with basic non cordless POTS handset so this is probably a timing issue with VOC SH3 port update + cordless.

However CALL DIVERT is still working so only remaining issue is as we are registered as at risk OAP’S on VM’s user register then we’ll need further visit after Xmas to have Battery backup for possible power outages on VOC SH3?

Merry Xmas in meantime….

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Thank you for the update @horseman.

In that case, please get in contact with us after Xmas so we can best help with this. Early Merry Xmas to you too 🙂 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs