cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ringtone on Landline phone.

JeffF
Joining in

Checked volume, have ringtone and can call 150 & other numbers. When phoning home get the answer phone message but caller message is not recorded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JeffF,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your landline service. Would you please be able to provide some further information about the issue for clarity? Just to confirm, do you have a ringtone?

Thanks 🙂

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JeffF,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your landline service. Would you please be able to provide some further information about the issue for clarity? Just to confirm, do you have a ringtone?

Thanks 🙂

Beth

I have just been sent the same message as previously. I have no ring tone when home phone is called. Also when called the caller cannot hear home phone ringing. Handset volume on high so ringtone is working. Please arrange an engineer to contact me ASAP 

Hi @JeffF,

I am sorry to hear you're having an issue with the ringer on your handset.

It's worth checking the handset itself to ensure the ringer is on. If you have a digital handset then make sure the volume is turned up too.

If this is already the case, try a replace handset to see if this makes any difference. If again this makes no difference then it could be an issue with the power coming from the cabinet. 

Let me know the results from the above steps and if you are still having issues, we can book an engineer for you 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried all the suggested solutions, volume control, switch off/on etc. Looking at the community chat it appears as though there is a fault in the control box, hence the request for an engineer. Please book ASAP 

I will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get a visit booked.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

What is a PM?

Apologies, a private message.

You'll see a purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @JeffF,
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue you are having with your landline. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I cannot find confirmation in my account details, please let me know appointment details or how to find bookings in my account