cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone since short power cut - other services OK

keithh123
Up to speed

We had a very short (couple of seconds) power cut this morning during the storm, after which my landline is no longer working. It was working earlier in the morning. Broadband and TV came on again OK after they'd rebooted.

Service status is that there is no problem (TN9). Have done the troubleshooting and checked the line with a "normal" phone plugged directly into the socket. With the normal phone the line is dead, with my cordless phones there is a quiet but angry-sounding buzz rather than a dial tone. If I phone my landline from a mobile it gives the engaged tone.

The VM "help" website sends me around in circles and strongly discourages phoning, so am hoping someone here can help please!

26 REPLIES 26

Hello Ashleigh,

Yes I have checked service status. No reports of outage on the status pages though clearly there is a problem with others in BN13.

I have carried out all the usual trouble shooting without any joy.

Hi @Ashleigh_C,

I am unable to see any appointments in my account, but have seen the details in your PM and a text message. Please can this be rearranged for Wednesday 23rd February in the afternoon - I am not available on Monday.

Thanks

Thank you @Nobblet

I have checked our systems and I can see that there is an outage reported with an estimated fix time of 6.05pm today, February 20th. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time? 

Thank you

@keithh123 wrote:

Hi @Ashleigh_C,

I am unable to see any appointments in my account, but have seen the details in your PM and a text message. Please can this be rearranged for Wednesday 23rd February in the afternoon - I am not available on Monday.

Thanks

Hi Ash,

Please disregard this as the phone started working yesterday evening. I have replied "FIXED" to the text message and received confirmation of the cancellation. Thanks for your help.

That's great to hear and thank you very much for letting me know! 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to the forums again should you need any assistance in the future. 

Thanks again. 

I’m also bn13 phone still not working, has your issue been resolved? B and and to ok, virgin say no reported issues!

Hi there @byte2bits 

I can see that there is an outage reported but I cannot yet see an estimated fix time for this. 

Can you monitor this over the next 24 hours and let us know if the issue persist we can take another look.

Thank you.