cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone servu

neil501
Joining in

Hi

i have no dialling tone, if I call the land line it’s permanently engaged.

I’ve tried a different hand set it makes no difference.

the service checker for my area is ok.

no way to contact virgin media??? Why?

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @neil501,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your landline.

Is this connected through your Hub or connected at the wall? When someone calls you can they hear you on their side?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for getting back to me,

it’s in the wall socket, the phone doesn’t ring you only get the engaged tone if you call the landline

Thanks for coming back to us neil501,

Remotely looking at the systems from our end we can see that you are indeed being affected by an area outage. 

You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Our engineers are working to fix this as quickly as possible. The estimated fix time for this issue is 4pm this afternoon.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Had a text message to say it was repaired.

unfortunately still the same!!

no dialling tone on the handset /permanently engaged if I call the landline 

Thanks for coming back to me neil501,

Really sorry to hear that you're still without a working landline. Due to this as the area fault has now been resolved, we will need to send you a private message to take some further details form you and possibly get an engineer arranged.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Still not working!

what makes it worse is, I can’t remember the last time it was