cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line

TheGrims
Joining in

Second time in four days the phone is dead, this keeps happening and each time I end up on the phone to Virgin for about 45 minutes to then be told it is a fault in the area,but tge app states no fault in the area, what is going on...

10 REPLIES 10

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheGrims, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your landline is down and for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  I am also sorry, that this is an repeating issue.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TheGrims, thanks for getting back to me privately.

We've checked our system and as previously, your issue is a part of an area outage. I am sorry, we don't currently have an update of when this expected to be resolved.  I know you've used the service status link, however you may wish to call 0800 561 0061. This covers a smaller more localised area. So when we have updates, they're very likely to be there.  

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you

You're very welcome @TheGrims

Please do keep us updated with how things go?

Kind regards

Lee

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@TheGrims wrote:

Second time in four days the phone is dead, this keeps happening and each time I end up on the phone to Virgin for about 45 minutes to then be told it is a fault in the area,but tge app states no fault in the area, what is going on...

An OFCOM compensation scheme exists for outages

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

However, the timings of the scheme give VM two clear working days to fix faults before any compensation is applied.

For short, intermittent faults this may not trigger automatic payment under the scheme. You may need to complain to VM and request some alternative compensation if you are experiencing regular phone faults which do not fall under the OFCOM scheme for compensation.

Please do reach out to us when the issue is resolved @TheGrims?

Regards

Lee

Will do, thank you Lee

Thanks @TheGrims, we can discuss your account etc, then.

Regards

Lee_R

Just called from my mobile and been told the land-line issue won't be resolved until tomorrow, Tuesday, I have emailed your complaint team as this is just not good enough, it is a regular occurrence for the phone line to be down. Two days at least this time!