cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line in RG21 area

Odin5
Dialled in

No telephone landline in the RG21 area of Basingstoke, status is saying there is no fault. Did all the usual checks but no dial tone and the phone is still saying check phone  line. Anyone else lost their line after the strong winds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Laurarara
Up to speed

We're in Sussex - think it's storm problems as friend on other network also down for phone lines.  

Can't find anything to say that though - can't phone to find out of course 😉

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Laurarara
Up to speed

We're in Sussex - think it's storm problems as friend on other network also down for phone lines.  

Can't find anything to say that though - can't phone to find out of course 😉

Thanks for your reply. Is your status showing ok for your phone line? Broadband and TV are both fine here.

Yes, my status says everything Hunky Dory - but it clearly isn't for myself and neighbours.

That's why I wish there was some alert Virgin would give out when their lines are down for considerable users.

Broadband fine by the way - so it seems to be 'phone lines' affected by storm.  

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Odin5, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear your phone line is down.

I've just ran some diagnostics, and it does look like there's now a confirmed area problem for you.

Your area fault reference is F009651710, and this should now display on your service checker - our estimated fix time is later tonight at approximately 23:35.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and for @Laurarara in this thread too, can you please check your service checkers to see if this has updated for you now?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom for your reply, I would have telephoned to check but my phone is not working 😂😂.

Thanks again for your reply, it’s been confirmed it’s down because of the storm. 😊

My status still shows phone is fine - but I'll hang fire now with this information.  My thanks and I'll be back to you if it's not rectified as expect.

Cheers

Yes - that's good it's confirmed now, so we don't have to worry it's a problem only in our homes.  Phew.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Odin5, thanks for your confirmation that's great.

Ah I see your dillemma! That Eustice is a troublesome one 🙂

@Lauranara I can see that you've got the answers you need in a different thread to this one, so let's hope your problems are resolved soon too.

Stay safe and take care during these conditions!

Tom_W