cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone and intermittent WiFi

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

Hello. I've got no phone and intermittent WiFi. I've rung 0345 454 1111 from my mobile and gone through multiple prompts to be told by a recorded message that we need an engineer. It then forwards me to talk to someone and the line goes blank.

Can anyone help with how I'm supposed to get this fixed please? Should I keep trying to call which is long winded and frustrating or can I maybe email or do a web chat. 

18 REPLIES 18

Lisa_CC

Hey there wobblewoo and sorry to hear about your phone and WiFi issue. Can you clarify whether the phone is your landline? If so is there a dial tone or crackles for example? I've taken a peek at your details using the information we have on here and cannot see all the details. Can you confirm that the Hub is in full router mode and not modem mode? Please make sure it's in full router mode so we can check properly.

Thanks,

Lisa

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

Hello Lisa. 

Yes the phone is outr landline. Yesterday we had no dialing tone, I've just checked and we do have a dialing tone but it's very crackly.

The router is in router mode. Weirdly the hard wired connections seem to work and it's just the wireless that drops. Its on automatic channel. There's no blue wireless light, just a single yellow light on the front.

We have done a factory reset which didn't help

Many thanks for your reply 

Can you reboot your Hub so I can check the details? I'm wondering whether it will let me see the stats after the reboot. Please let me know when it's done so I can have another mooch around.

Thanks,

Lisa

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

I've done that. Turned the power off at the rocker switch, left it like 30seconds then turned it back on. 

Many thanks for your help.  

Thanks @wobblewoo, I can see some of the network details now. I've arranged for an engineer visit for the soonest available date to take a look at your landline and have asked them to check your broadband also. Although the network details all look fine, I'm unable to see the full WiFi picture and I'm unsure if it's the Hub but the engineer will check both services.

You may find the appointment details via your online account where you may re-arrange it if necessary and do let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

I've just had a text informing me an engineer will be with us, many thanks for that. 

Ill post the resolution incase it helps anyone else. 

Have a good day.

Wx 

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

Hello again. The engineer came today and fixed our phone (there was a loose wire in the junction box down the road) but he didn't fix our wireless. He said it was the router and to ask for a replacement. Can i do that here or do i have to call someone?

Hi wobblewoo,

Glad to hear the phone line was fixed 🙂

In regards to to the hub, is it just the WiFi you're having the issue with?

I can see it's been around a week since the last reboot, if you can please do that so I can then take a closer look at things from our side.

Thank you,

Alex_Rm

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

Yes it just seems to be the wireless. 

We've just reset it.