cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No number calls

mjm-dkg
Joining in

I have just spent ages on the phone to Virgin Media, following-up their online complaints facility, (the emailed response to that informed me it was a technical issue), in an attempt to stop the numerous NO NUMBER calls that are registered on my landline phone every hour of the day and night, and which I have to delete constantly to avoid the call register becoming full. I was passed from one technical person to a second one who advised me that Virgin Media are aware of the problem, experienced by several customers, and are attempting to resolve it. Sometimes the call isn't even shown at a valid 24-hour time.  By now signing up to the community I should apparently be updated on this irritating glitch, which has only occurred since my modem was upgraded. 

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mjm-dkg,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, can I ask firstly what Hub you have?

Also is this regarding your phone being connected via the fibre line?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain_W

It's a HUB 5 and yes, I believe it's a fibre connection.  I did not have this problem until the hub was changed (allegedly upgraded). Initially the landline didn't work at all; then another engineer came and knew how to fix it with an old BT connector.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@mjm-dkg wrote:

Hi Kain_W

It's a HUB 5 and yes, I believe it's a fibre connection.  I did not have this problem until the hub was changed (allegedly upgraded). Initially the landline didn't work at all; then another engineer came and knew how to fix it with an old BT connector.

It's a known fault with the Hub 5. Described in detail below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Our team currently don't have an estimated fix time for this matter however it is still being currently investigated.

Many apologies on this,

Kain