cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline

Mr_O1
Tuning in

On 25/10/21 maintenance was done in my area therefore internet and phone was on and off all day my wife tells me which I understand. The internet came back after maintenance had finished but landline hasn't a friend who lives a few streets away has the same issue, we both have ran tests using Virgin's test page which says everything is ok.  Some help would be appreciated. 

17 REPLIES 17

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mr_O1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having some landline issues recently. Are you getting no dial tone at all? Have you also checked our Service Status Dashboard to see if there are currently any known area impacting faults that may be linked to this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, yes I have done all checks online and checked everything in my home i'm not the only one in my area to have this problem. Thank you for replying .

Sorry I didn't say that I have no dial tone and can't receive calls.

Hi @Mr_O1,

Thank you for expanding. Would you mind confirming what you've tried so far? This is just so we don't repeat anything where possible, but also so we don't miss anything either.

Is it also possible for you to try another landline handset to rule out it potentially being equipment related?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have done everything that Virgin's online help says , ran multiple tests, checked phone, changed phone, checked cables etc etc. It was on and off all Monday as was the internet due to the maintenance the internet came back on after maintenance had finished but the landline didn't. 

Hi @Mr_O1,

Thank you for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some additional details and have a closer look at what's going on.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @Mr_O1,

Thank you for the private message and for sharing some additional details. As discussed, I've arranged for an engineer visit to come and take a closer look at what's happened for you.

I can't share publicly the date/time the engineer has been booked for for security reasons, but you can check via your My Virgin Media account and reschedule if needed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi, an engineer came out on Tuesday to fix the fault which he did, there was a wiring problem in the box up the street. My wife informs me today that we have no landline again, no dial tone can't receive calls and if you try to ring us there is no ringing noise from the callers phone. I have done all tests again and Virgin's online test feature says "everything is ok". Another investigation is needed,  cheers.

Hi Mr_O1

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear it's not solved. I've ran a check today and it seems the line is engaged. Have you got any pieces of equipment that are plugged into the landline that are in use currently? If so, can they be removed? 

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.

Can you also let me know if any of the below resolve this;

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill