cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline service

bluegrunt1
On our wavelength

After a VM system outage last week, TV and Broadband came back but I have no landline service inbound or outbound. 

The "fix landline" option on the VM doesn't work and eventually gives a "400 bad request" error. 

So there seems to be no way to report a landline fault other than to post on here. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello bluegrunt.

Sorry for the issues with your landline. 

I have had a look at few things from here and we do have an local issue in your area.

If you check online here you can get an update on the fault.

Also you can call us on 0800 561 0061 ands listen to the message below. 

We're sorry that you're experiencing a loss of your Virgin Media Telephone service(s) in the **** *** area.

The latest update we have is: This problem should now be fixed. We're carrying out some final checks to confirm this.

We expect to have this completed by 16:45. 

If its still not working after 16:45, pop back on here and quote reference number F010039442.

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello bluegrunt.

Sorry for the issues with your landline. 

I have had a look at few things from here and we do have an local issue in your area.

If you check online here you can get an update on the fault.

Also you can call us on 0800 561 0061 ands listen to the message below. 

We're sorry that you're experiencing a loss of your Virgin Media Telephone service(s) in the **** *** area.

The latest update we have is: This problem should now be fixed. We're carrying out some final checks to confirm this.

We expect to have this completed by 16:45. 

If its still not working after 16:45, pop back on here and quote reference number F010039442.

Gareth_L

Thanks for the swift reply.

Sadly, the online link indicates no issues with my landline, when there clearly are.

If I click on "still having issues" and check status from there, it replies "we can't see any issues"

If I click on "fix your landline" > "can't receive calls" (there doesn't seem to be an option for can't make calls, which is also the case), the link goes nowhere and just loops back around to VM Help & Support page. 

Also there's no option to actually report a fault. 

Thanks for replying bluegrunt1,

I will feed the issue back regarding the "fix your landline" 

Please pop back on here at 5pm and I can check for you. 

Gareth_L

Seems fixed. Thanks for help. 

Hi bluegrunt1,

Thanks for updating us on your landline issue, I am glad to hear it is fixed now 🙂

If you need any further help with this please come back and let us know on this thread. 

For any new issues, please create a new post and we will be happy to help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi there @Megan_L. 

I'm sorry to report that the landline is down again today. There are no reported problems on my service status page.

Thanks

Hi there @bluegrunt1, thanks for the update. 

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with your landline again, I have checked our system and cannot see any area issues that would be impacting this. 

As you have already checked the service page which is showing no issues I would recommend checking our landline help page here to see if this helps.

If you still see issues after checking this please let us know and we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules