cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline for weeks

Data
On our wavelength

Was told an adapter would arrive after landline stopped, then shortly after, received an email telling me my account isn't ready yet. The home phone is the only number for some people, so any idea how long I must wait?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28

Thank you, do keep us posted so we can offer further support if needed 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Data
On our wavelength

Hi Ayisha,

Thank you, the reset seems to have done the trick, with no problems to report and a test download at full line speed. I guess the router got corrupted somehow. Anyway, reload of my settings, and all is well.

Anything develops I'll start a new thread.

Merry christmas to you too, and of course, everybody else.

Take care all.

Glad to hear the issue was resolved with a reboot @Data.

Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help. 

Have a good Christmas 🙂 

Akua_A
Forum Team

Since joining VM on 25 Jan I have never had a landline as yet. I have been continually told there is a problem in the area and every time the deadline passes I get the same message with a new date. 

Hi @greengekko 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your landline. 

Is there currently no dial tone?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi. I have dialtone and can make a call but every number I dial is engaged. I can call my land-line from my mobile and it rings but when I answer it again jsu has the engaged tone

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I have taken a look into this and can see there is still currently an outage impacted your area. 

We are working as hard as we can to fix this, however due to the complexities of the issue its taking us a little longer than normal.
The current estimated time of fix is 22/03/2023 15:00:00. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Yep like I said, the fix time keeps moving. I've not made a single land line phone call since being with vm. I'm sure it's not that anyway as others are fine

Sorry for the frustration caused @greengekko, we'll do all we can to have the services restored as soon as we possible can.

The estimated fix time still remains in the same place - 22/03/23 at 15:00.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn