cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No intermittent dialling tone on voicemail 1571

Wilco69
Tuning in

I always used to get an intermittent dialling tone on my landline when I had a new voicemail message as a way of notifying me, this stopped a couple of months ago so I now have to dial 1571 every time I come home or when I hang up after a call. I’ve spoken to customer services 5 times and they have been absolutely useless. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as what I thought was a simple issue is turning out to be extremely difficult, frustrating and time consuming? 

42 REPLIES 42

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @shadwellal 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking some time to post. 

Sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your landline services. 

I have removed and re-added the number on the switch, are you able to check if the issues still persists? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for your prompt response Zak. 

No change I'm afraid. I have left two messages and when we pick up the phone there is just a normal continuous dial tone.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I have taken a look over this once again and can't see anything obviously wrong, I have asked our second line fault team to take a further look into this.

As soon as I have any further information, Ill pop back here and provide you with the update.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Virgin had to remove voicemail from my account and then put it back on, it took a couple of days but fixed it. 

Thanks for your reply and update, Wilco69,

Glad to hear that it's now fixed.

Cheers,

Corey C

Still not working for me - please keep me updated Zak_M

Hi shadwellal,

The second line faults team should be ringing you directly soon.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi again. The second line faults team did phone us but five days later the fault is still not resolved. 

Hi @shadwellal,

Thanks for the update though I am sorry to hear the fault has still not resolved.

What did the team advise when they called you?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

They said they'd look into it. There are two problems. The main one is that there is no intermittent dial tone when a voicemail message is left, just the normal continuous tone so we don't know that a message has been left, and also there is another problem which is that when we dial 1571 and listen to any messages, after we hang up the phone rings.