cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming or outgoing calls from landline

npatel12
Joining in

Hi guys,

Since Wednesday afternoon/evening I have been having some issues with our landline. Initially I would get no dial tone when trying to make a call from the landline and a engaged tone when someone tried to call the landline.

I rang up customer services yesterday from my mobile they made me do a couple of things and after the troubleshooting they were going to send out an engineer next Monday. However, it turned out there was a fault in the area as I received a text message saying that the visit was put on hold due to the fault. I received another text saying that the fault was fixed sometime yesterday afternoon. I was then able to make a couple of calls and receive calls from my landline like normal.

This morning my wife tried to make a call from the landline and there is now no dial tone again and calls do not seem to connect and when I try to call the landline from my mobile and my wife's mobile and it rings on the mobile end but my landline doesn't ring. I tried two different handsets both in the master telephone socket and the extension but I'm still having the same issue with both.

Would it be possible to get someone to look into this for me as it has been a while without proper phone service now, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @npatel12

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your landline! I have checked and I can see that there are no outages in the area that could be causing this. 

As this has continued after the outage has been resolved, I do think it would be best for us to get an engineer out to take a look for you. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can arrange this. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @npatel12

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your landline! I have checked and I can see that there are no outages in the area that could be causing this. 

As this has continued after the outage has been resolved, I do think it would be best for us to get an engineer out to take a look for you. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can arrange this. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi again @npatel12 

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM and we have now arranged for an engineer to attend.

Please do let us know how things are looking after the appointment? 

Thank you.