cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming .. dead line for outside world. But outgoing ok

Satisingh
Tuning in

Hi to all..

I have an issue that I have a basically dead home phone line for outside world.. but I can make calls outside .. 

My old no ported on 17th Feb 22.. and since then have the problem.. rand the customer service.. no avail.. spoke to someone on last Thursday , told me will take about 48 hours but no avail.. smae problem still.. spoke to lady she tired but could not do any thing.. when I asked plz put me through complains she cut me off.. 

Does anyone have the same problem...

12 REPLIES 12

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Satisingh

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to our community forums, welcome to the team. 

Can I ask where you porting a number in to your virgin line or did you port a number out and request a new number in? 

When you call out does the old number or a new number show? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ash

No ported from Virgin (old account) to new account 

Call out shows the ported no which was my original no for the last 25 years ..outgoing looks fine with the correct no.

Only when someone rings they just hear a long tone..  like dead line...

I'm so sorry to hear that! 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this a bit more and we can also look into raising a complaint for you. 

Please keep an eye out for purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Hi Ash

Sent a PM ..please have a look/check..let me know what is going on.. my doctor and other not able to get in touch with us as this is the only no. everyone have ...

Please resolve 

Thanks 

Thank you very much. 

I have raised a work order for this so that one of our technical team can look into this for you. 

The team should look into this tomorrow please be aware that they may call you from an unknown number to discuss the fault. 

Thank you, 

Ash 

Thanks Ash.. I look forward to hear from them .. Will update tomorrow 

Thanks again

Hi .. I am still waiting a call from Tech team...

Hi Satisingh,

Thanks for coming back to us, when an I T ticket is raised it can take up to 10 Days, the team do aim to turn this around much quicker.

Regards

Paul.

Another day passed.. Still no communication from Virgin...and I am sti without phone...thanks virgin