Menu
jargirls
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No dialtone

I had virgin tv and phone installed two weeks ago but only got a handset today and there is no dial tone. I can the test and it says to call but I can't afford to ring on my mobil e. How else can I sort it?

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dialtone

Hi

You can call the sales line free on 08001831234 and select option 4 then option 2 and this will put you through to customer services and faults.

Make sure you have your Virgin phone number handy when you call also your account password.

Calls to the 0800 number are free from mobiles and BT and New World payphones.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello jargirls, 

Welcome to our community and family; cheers for posting to our Forums. Very sorry to understand that you are having some issues with your landline after being installed with us so very recently. 

Was the landline working when you were installed all ok - this should have been tested by the technician at the time?

Are you able to confirm if you have a telephone socket or if you get your landline via your Broadband Hub? 

Have you managed to try an alternative handset to see if that is the issue at all? 

What I will also do is pop you a Private Message so we can take some details from you and do some checks if needed - look out for the purple envelope and reply if you need more help 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hello jargirls, 

Welcome to our community and family; cheers for posting to our Forums. Very sorry to understand that you are having some issues with your landline after being installed with us so very recently. 

Was the landline working when you were installed all ok - this should have been tested by the technician at the time?

Are you able to confirm if you have a telephone socket or if you get your landline via your Broadband Hub? 

Have you managed to try an alternative handset to see if that is the issue at all? 

What I will also do is pop you a Private Message so we can take some details from you and do some checks if needed - look out for the purple envelope and reply if you need more help 🙂 

Cheers

He only had TV and phone installed he doesn’t mention Broadband in his post so I’m guessing it is standard telephone line.

0 Kudos