cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialling tone

MikeJill
Joining in

Hi I have no dialling tone on my landline phone.

It is not a Virgin supplied one.

Been through all the suggested tests on here..

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi MikeJill, 

Thanks for messaging us via the forums and we are glad that this is on the way to becoming resolved. Please let us know how it goes and if there is any issues on Tuesday. 

kind regards 

Chris 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MikeJill.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear that your landline has no dial tone. This is certainly not ideal and we want to best help. How long has this issue been ongoing? Have you also double-checked the wired connections to and from your device? Have you also checked here for a local fault? virg.in/service

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thanks for reply, yes checked wiring/phone/socket etc. Have spare phone and have tried that one also.

Have done the check for local faults three times - no fault found..

Tried ringing in to the land line from my mobile, it rings on my mobile (not on land line) and then goes to answerphone. Nothing showing re a missed call on landline handset.

Mike

Just to confirm is your landline connected via the Hub? If so, how is your internet service? Is it affected similarly? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi, no not through hub, not a Virgin device, it's connected through normal phone socket on window. Land line phone is a Panasonic digital cordless..

Everything else is working fine, TV, and internet working okay..

Mike

Thank you for letting me know @MikeJill.

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please lookout for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

MikeJill
Joining in

Had a fault all week with landlines, got a response straight away, then it stopped. No more responses, no replies, no help! 

Why are mods not replying to questions?

Mike

Hi MikeJill, thanks for messaging us on the forums and welcome back. I am sorry to hear that you have not had a reply and I have sent you a private message so that this can be looked into further. Please look out for the purple envelope. ^Chris. 

Hi MikeJill, 

Thanks for messaging us via the forums and we are glad that this is on the way to becoming resolved. Please let us know how it goes and if there is any issues on Tuesday. 

kind regards 

Chris