cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialling tone on landline

Fletcher57
Tuning in

I've had no dialling tone on my landline since at least Friday 10th March (I know this because my daughter tried to contact me that evening).

I've run the suggested checks on your help pages and have tried to contact Virgin Media by phone, to report the issue but am going round in circles on your website!!

Please help with the restoration of my landline!

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fletcher57,

Thanks for chatting with me via PM 😊

You'll be able to manage and view your appointment online here, if needed.

Let us know how you get on.

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fletcher57,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your landline and you've struggled to get help with this. 

We've had a look from this end and we cannot see the status of your landline, this is possibly due to a breakage in the line.

We'll need to book in an engineer visit for you so this can be resolved. I'll drop you a message now so I can take your details and arrange this with you.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope 😊

Thanks,

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fletcher57,

Thanks for chatting with me via PM 😊

You'll be able to manage and view your appointment online here, if needed.

Let us know how you get on.

Beth

Evening Beth

It is now 7.00 pm and, having waited patiently since 4.00 pm, no technician has arrived to sort out my problem!

Not happy!!

I was advised that if nobody was home when he called there would be a charge of £25. I will let you know my charge for a ‘no show’ in due course! My husband came home from work early so that there would be somebody home, so has lost earnings. 

A courtesy message would have been appreciated if there was a problem and the technician couldn’t call during my appointment time. 

Sorry to hear this Fletcher57,

So I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

I’ve managed to speak to somebody at Virgin Media now and he told me no engineer had been booked!! I am very cross about this!!

I think he has arranged to sort my problem. Fingers crossed. 

Gina

So sorry for any mix-up Gina, 

Glad to hear you've been able to speak to someone regarding this.

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex. 

No problem at all. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?