cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialling tone on landline

rkiley
Dialled in

My landline is dead (no dialling tome).

I have unplugged the phone from the master socket -- and then plugged it back in.  But it has made no difference.

No idea when this fault occurred, but I only checked it as I realised I hadn't received any fake calls from Amazon/Bank/Virgin in the past 5 days or so.

Though I'd be  happy never to receive fake calls, I do want my landline to work.  Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rkiley 

Have you  looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rkiley 

Have you  looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rkiley

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue regarding your landline.

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information as we look to have your issue resolved for you, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rkiley

Thanks for coming into a private message with me.

Great to hear this has now resolved itself for you and your service is now back up and running.

I hope you have a great afternoon.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi can you help me too, my landline number has not transferred yet after waiting 5 days

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Aniqah

Thanks for posting on our community forum and good afternoon to you. 

The port request can take longer than 5 days, I've checked on the system and the request has been raised. The team will be in touch if they require any further details from you. In the meantime, you can contact the team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they can check on the port request for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Virgin Team,

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue with my landline, no dial at all the line is just dead. 

Any help would be greatly apricated   🙂

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @HavencroftKev,

Welcome back, thanks for joining the thread.

I am sorry for the issues with your landline.

I have checked the system, you are being migrated from Wall socket to the Hub for your landline, have you tested the connection to your Hub? Have you received an adapter?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I haven't received the adapter yet, and my understanding is was that I wasn't moving until 22nd September. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @HavencroftKev,

No problem, thanks for confirming this to me.

A new adapter is on the way to you, it should arrive over the next 3/5 working days.

Let us know how it goes once you have this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide