cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialing tone

Whouse
Joining in

line ringing from an outside phone but not ringing the house phone! No dialing tone on the phone

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Whouse,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've not got a dial tone. 

There's no issues showing from a system check.

Can you confirm the following;

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.
How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line? Examples can be things like other telephones, personal computers, faxes etc. 

Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

have done - still the same!

Hi @Whouse

Thanks for doing that. This will need a technician. 

I'll PM you now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Whouse

Thanks for joining me on PM. I can see you've spoke to the team regarding this since posting and have got a tech visit booked in.

This can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team