Menu
kympp
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No dialing tone on landline

I have no dial tone ,just a silent line, cant even phone virgin media, dont know how long it has NOT been working, was only brought to my attention by someone who had been trying desperately to get hold of me and had no luck, if trying to ring my number from another phone it just rings and rings then eventually goes to virgin message service but does NOT ring at my end.

I have unplugged phone and tried an alternative phone but no joy, still just a silent line.

managed to sign into my  virgin media to check for status but it appears there is no problem after test was run, earliest an engineer can come out to me is the 9th of february, some kind of joke or what ?

My Landline is for emergency contact with elderly mother !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dialing tone on landline

Hi there kympp, 

Thanks for your post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your landline. 

Glad that you have been able to do the checks via your online account; very sorry about the delay in getting someone out to take a look for you though. You can check for earlier appointment times here: virg.co/TzKOI

Please do let us know if you managed to check for earlier slots; if you have issues with the link, let us know and we'll jump in to check for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kympp
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the link you posted doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kympp,

I am sorry the link isn't working. If you have access to your online account you can see how to rearrange your fault appointment here.

Please let us know if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kympp
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It appears the engineer is now coming out today between 8 am - 4pm, 

only found this out by going online to see if there was any available earlier times than the one booked for 9th Feb

if i had not have checked i would have gone out non the wiser as i have had no email, text or phone call to my mobile.

Now my question is what is the probability of an engineer actually calling here today ?

0 Kudos
kympp
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well surprise, surprise NO ENGINEER turned up.... do they actually work on sunday,

I spoke to virgin media around 1.30 to ask in there would be an engineer coming out to me today since i apparently had an appointment for between 8am - 4pm, first of all the lady i spoke to said no they  dont do appointments between this timescale if it was booked from 8am an engineer would have been to me before 12.00 ,

i didnt book this appointment the one i booked was for next sunday the 9th feb which was the first available , when i  told her i could send her a screen shot of the appointment booked for today she changed her tune and then said yes an engineer would be calling but she couldnt give a time as it was an all day appointment.

Not happy at all as i had cancelled plans at the last minute to wait in all day for a non existent engineer to call that i only found out by chance would be calling...

have rearranged for weds , maybe engineer will turn up riding a Unicorn......

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry to hear this kympp, this is not the experience we would want for you.

To look into this further, we will need some account details, I will send you a PM asking for the details we would need. If you can reply to that PM, we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
kympp
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came out yesterday and sorted the problem and I now have a working phone.

Thankyou to John for your help in getting an engineer appointment .

0 Kudos