cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

gs403
Joining in

I have no dial tone on the landline. I have also tested another phone in the socket but it has the same issue. Service status says there is no known issue. The phone is plugged directly into the main socket. There are no other equipment plugged in.

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gs403,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear your landline is down. We can understand your concern and we want to best help. Just to confirm, how long has it been down? Have you checked your cables to see if they are well connected and in good condition? Are you unable to both make and receive calls?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It has been down since around 8am this morning. The cable is in good condition and well connected (re-seated by unplugging and plugging back in), I also tested a different cable when I tested with another phone. I am unable to make or receive calls. If I call the landline number from a mobile phone I hear the call ringing (on mobile phone) but the landline phone is not ringing, furthermore if I completely unplug the phone from the main socket so there is nothing connected to it and call the landline number again from the mobile phone, the call is ringing (on mobile phone) which I think is strange.

Thank you for letting me know @gs403.

In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs