cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

mcragged
Joining in

The landline isn't receiving working. No dial tone. I've checked the line on the website, checked the handsets etc. No joy. On the tech support line I'm sent round the same circle over and over. As are others on this chatboard I  notice. How do I speak to someone!? You're wasting my life!

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mcragged,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some problems with your Landline. Can you confirm how your Landline plugged in? Is it in a Master Socket, Extension Socket or the back of your Hub? Can you also confirm how many devices you have connected to your Landline sockets (both Master, and Extension, if applicable)?

Can you please also perform the following:

• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let us know how things go.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks, Reece. The landline is plugged into the master socket. It is the only item plugged into that socket. We have tried an alternative handset in the same socket and that didn't work. We had done this before we contacted Virgin to ask for the service we pay for to be maintained. We have now arranged for an engineer to call. However, the only way we could speak to a real person was to call the sales team as - when Virgin think there is a chance of making money rather than spending it - they will pick up the phone and speak to you quite quickly. And when we threatened to cancel our direct debit the sales team were excellent and very helpful. I know that things go wrong with services. They always will. That's what happens. But surely it shouldn't be this difficult to get assistance when they do go wrong?

Hi mcragged,

Thanks for coming back to update us, we're pleased to hear you were able to book in an engineer visit. I'm sorry you had trouble getting through initially.

We can assist with faults here and book in engineer visits if needed via private message, however there are checks we need to go through first before we do so. 

You can find all of our contact methods here, but we'll always be more than happy to assist with any fault from here 🙂

Let us know how your visit goes,

Beth