cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

diana1934
Joining in

hello

I have no dial tone for the last week. I have called to report and cannot get anywhere. It keeps asking me to call back after they have ran tests. I need my landline as i am elderly. This is now distressing. How do i get to tell someone i need an engineer. Can someone please help me

Thank you

Diana

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @diana1934, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the fault with the landline, and the distress this is causing you.

Can you please confirm a few things for me?

-Is your landline connected to the phone line or to the router?

-Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to the landline service?

-Are you still receiving calls?

-Do you have an alternative handset to test?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello thanks for the reply

its connected to the phone line. There has been workmen in the property next door and they knocked down the front wall. I think they may have damaged something as it was working fine until they arrived 

I cannot receive calls. The line is dead 

thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @diana1934, can you confirm if the workmen are still on site?

If so, have you, or are you able to discuss this with them to see if this can be rectified, or if this is possibly a temporary issue?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello

the builders do not speak english. I am not 100% if its caused by them or something else. Please can you send an engineer to have a look. I dont know how to fix it. I need virgin to find out why i have no dial tone 

many thanks

D Brooker

Hi there @diana1934

Thank you for updating us and I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to your landline.

I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can arrange for an engineer to come and take a look at your line for us.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you again.

Hi Diana, 

Thanks for coming back to Ash via private message. I've picked this up as she is out of the office currently. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs