cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

alanflem
Tuning in

Hi,

upgraded to hub 4 about 2 weeks ago and ever since my landline hasn’t worked.  Rebooted, checked cables, called customer service. Still not working.

Phone us connected to TEL 1.

Any clues?

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When you log into the hub 4, does it show that telephony is ready/enabled on the welcome page (no info on hub 4 screens but hub 3 screenshot would look something like this)

https://setuprouter.com/router/virgin-media/virgin-media-hub-3/setup-75194-large.htm

presume the hub 4 must have something similar.

Was your phone previously connected to a hub 3/TEL1 socket prior to getting the hub 4?

Thanks,

no it says it is disabled?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

That shows the phone service is not provisioned on your hub 4.

Did you previously connect your phone to the TEL1 socket on a hub 3? Or were you using a traditional telephone wall socket? If the latter, have you tried plugging into the phone wall socket?

Thanks.

it was connected to TEL 1 in the hub 3.  I tried TEL 2 and the old wall socket as well.  Without joy.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have an alternative means to phone in, you could try the random lottery of the VM customer support by phone. At least you now know the reason for no phone.

If you changed your package as part of the move to the hub 4, you could also log into 'My Virgin Media' and double check that you still have the landline service showing as part of your package. There have been some odd, one-off topics in the past on here where certain services have been dropped during package changes (unbeknown to the customer). Unlikely that is so but you could double check.

The VM forum team will reply here in due course (normally within a day or two but not sure on current timings with BH w/e etc.) and they will assist you.

Had an hour plus to customer support a couple of days ago.  Without out joy.

Definitely still part of my package.

Will wait on a response from the forum team.

Thanks again

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @alanflem

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing landline issues and that you did not receive the help you require via phone, that's not the high standard of service we aim to provide. I apologise.

I would like to take a look at your account, run some diagnostics and see if we need to book an engineer visit. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena

Brilliant.  Thanks