cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

Kkumari
Tuning in

Hi

There's no dial tone on my land line, it's an issue that's happened in the past. 

I called in, only to be cut off by your Line 2 team member! I don't want to be calling again and having to wait another 40 minutes for someone to answer my call.

My phone is connected to the phone line box and I've double checked them.

Can anyone else help? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ezy
Up to speed

I have no dial tone either

Can't ring out.

But I can ring my home phone from my mobile.  

Virgin Media status says everything is ok and running a test it confirmed it thought it was all ok.

Can you ring your phone from a mobile too?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

ezy
Up to speed

and going through the service status which still says no local issues...

it offers to book an engineer (seems too drastic for that at this stage)
or it goes to another menu with 2 options... Call 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile or 0345 454 1111 * from any phone or come to this community for non VM people to help... which we can't !

Looks like you are like me, inward calls only and mobile to call out until someone at VM notices there is an network issue...

if you have Twitter,  the DM function to @virginmedia can be very good at getting help

Hi ezy

Thanks for coming back to us. I am glad to hear it's now working 🙂

There is no open order for a technician, so you must have cancelled it. 

Is there anything further I can assist with today? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

27 REPLIES 27

ezy
Up to speed

I have no dial tone either

Can't ring out.

But I can ring my home phone from my mobile.  

Virgin Media status says everything is ok and running a test it confirmed it thought it was all ok.

Can you ring your phone from a mobile too?

Yes! Exact same issue! 

I can call my land line from my mobile and it rings but the handset doesn't. 

I just unplugged my cordless phone and plugged in my emergency old wired phone (as required to work in a powercut) and it had no dial tone.

There is an "open line" noise rather than the sound of nothing.

ezy
Up to speed

and going through the service status which still says no local issues...

it offers to book an engineer (seems too drastic for that at this stage)
or it goes to another menu with 2 options... Call 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile or 0345 454 1111 * from any phone or come to this community for non VM people to help... which we can't !

Looks like you are like me, inward calls only and mobile to call out until someone at VM notices there is an network issue...

if you have Twitter,  the DM function to @virginmedia can be very good at getting help

Hi @Kkumari,

Welcome back to our forums and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your landline and apologies that your call was cut off. I can assure you this will not have been intentional.

I have managed to locate your account and have ran a few checks. Before I book a engineer out for you, are you able to confirm if you have tried a different handset at all?

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have three different handsets. 

Living room, front bedroom and reception room and none of the handsets work so it's definitely not a phone issue. 

I've had similar problems in the past where the service status is fine but when the engineer has come out, there was a fault with the line. 

Hi @Kkumari,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I can confirm an engineer has been booked for you. Please log into your online account here for details of the date and time. 

If this is not convenient for you, there will also be an option to re-schedule the appointment.

Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That's perfect. Thank you so much!!

You're welcome. 

^Martin