Menu
superloopy24v
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

Hi,

I have no dial tone on the house phone and can't call in or out. I've tried another handset and it hasn't made any difference. I've also checked the connection to the socket in the wall and that has made no difference either. I also removed the dual/multi socket from the socket in the wall and plugged directly into that and it still doesn't work. I tried the service check tool and that says "we didn't find a fault with your equipment".

I can't see anything else that I could check except for the cable outside which looks intact as far as the brown NTL box on the wall but that is insecure though appears undisturbed.

Can you tell me what might be wrong please or test further

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Thanks for getting in touch @superloopy24v.

It seems there could be a fault with your line, if the service status checker is saying all is ok,

Would it be ok for us to send you a private message to get some more details from you? We can then perform some checks on your account, phone number and the network to see if all is working as it should.

Alternatively, you could call into the team to get this looked at on the call by member of our faults team on 0345 454 1111 and they will also be able to help.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Steven_L  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
superloopy24v
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your quick response. A private message would be fine for more details.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have sent you a private message request , once you receive a purple envelope please click on it.

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos
superloopy24v
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, All fixed now following an engineers visit which was arranged through PM's here. Loose connection at the exchange was rectified within 10-15minutes of the engineer arriving.

Pleased with the resolution and the speed at which the engineer was out once arranged (next day and on a Saturday)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear all sorted 🙂 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos