cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone on landline

dbezza76
Joining in

Have a wall socket landline and fit some reason are not currently getting a dial tone. Have tried different phones but no joy. Wondering if any issues in area. 

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dbezza76, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear your landline is not working as it should be currently. In order to help look at this, there are a few checks we will need to go through with you. Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dbezza76
Joining in

Hi there. Yes tried different handsets. No dial tone at all. Does not ring as we have missed calls from people and cannot dial out. 

Many thanks. 

Hi dbezza76, 

Thanks for coming back to me and answering those questions. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

dbezza76
Joining in
  • Below is from a conversation a couple of hours ago... I have not yet had a response. 

Re: No dial tone on landline

Hi David,

Thanks for confirming that information for me. 

After looking at the account, I can see where the issue is. In order to discuss the account further, we do need to pass data protection with you. Can you come back to me with the answer to the following 4 questions?

• What is the contact email address registered on the account?
  • What was the value of the last bill?
  • Can you confirm the banking sort code?
  • What is the contact telephone number registered on the account?

Once I have the correct answers, I can advise what's happened 🙂

Kath

Forum Team

dbezza76_0-1661797166071.png

dbezza76
2 hours ago

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please do not post these personal details on the public forum. Press reply on the Private Message & they will be sent through the secure system.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dbezza76,

Thank you for your reply.

We would need these to ensure security is cleared on your account. You can check here to see all our forum members who work for Virgin Media.

Zoie

Hi there... I was dealing with a lady called Kath F but fur some reason she has not answered my last message where she asked me to confirm account info.... just waiting for a reason for the issue now that I have confirmed the account details.

Many thanks. 

Hi dbezza76, 

Thanks for posting back in the community. We had already closed by the time you replied yesterday and only now I have come back in to work to pick this up. It's worth noting that there can be a day or two between replied due to days off and office hours. 

I have replied to your private message now giving further options for the account holder to get in touch. 

Many thank, 

Kath_F
Forum Team