cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone / crackling on landline

stevenw_1
Tuning in

My landline phone has no dial tone. You can hear a crackling sound on the line, and dialing a number doesn't work. We thought this was a problem with the phone, so we bought a new one, but we're still having the same problem. We'd like to have an engineer take a look. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello stevenw_1, 

Sorry to hear this is happening to your line. 

I can look into this for you and arrange an engineer.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

stevenw_1
Tuning in

We have no dial tone on our landline, all you can hear is crackling. We had an engineer come take a look (No dial tone / crackling on landline - Virgin Media Community - 5042905), and for a while, it was fine, but now we're seeing the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @stevenw_1,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your landline.

Can you please tell me if your phone is connected to a master telephone socket? Or an extension telephone socket? The master one should have a Virgin media logo (infinity sign) on it. The extension one is small and no writing on it.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It looks like an extension telephone socket.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can see you have another post in which one of my colleagues have responded to. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I'd really appreaciate it if I could get an update on what's happening with this issue. I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Thank you in advance.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can see you didn't respond to our colleague on the other post you created. 

I will send you over a private message to confirm some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.