cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone but phone rings

moggs261
Joining in

No dial tone, incoming calls ring but not able hear 

I Don't use the landline that often, but  it rings and when answered  no-one was there  it sounded very crackly like the ringing sound we would get if we were making, not receiving a call.  

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi moggs261,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you aren't able to hear the caller when they ring, I have tried to locate you however wasn't able with the details we have for you, can you try removing everything from the phone socket including any extensions, filters and the phone, try a different phone, if you have a standard none powered phone this would be best.

I will be more than happy to help further and arrange a technician if required, if a Technician comes and it is the equipment including extensions, there would be a £25 charge, this is why I would like you to be sure.

Regards

Paul.

Hi hi have removed it from the socket and plugged the phone back in it says on the screen to check phone line

Hi moggs261,

So I can help further I will send you a link into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi moggs261,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, thank you for trying all advised including removing everything from the phone socket and trying a different phone, as advised I have now arranged a technician, if you with to change or cancel the appointment you can do this Via your Online Account.

Any further issues please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Regards

Paul.