cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone and static/crackling on line

techifan
Superfast

For a couple of weeks now I have been experiencing as per the heading above no dial tone and static or crackling on the line. I have tried another handset in the master socket with no other devices connected but it’s still the same. Also, the service status shows no faults. I will be annoyed if it down to us being switched over to use VOIP through the hub (rather than wall socket) as we have had no contact, email or otherwise to inform us of this change. Also, we are still using a Hub 2 which has no telephone ports.

Can somebody please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @techifan,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're having problems with the landline having no dial tone or noise on the line. I've ran some checks on my end and it appears the line can't be contacted to run further diagnostics.

So I can assist further, can you please look out for my private message in the top-right of the Forums.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @techifan,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're having problems with the landline having no dial tone or noise on the line. I've ran some checks on my end and it appears the line can't be contacted to run further diagnostics.

So I can assist further, can you please look out for my private message in the top-right of the Forums.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @techifan,

Thanks for the hasty responses to my private messages. Please let me know how you get on after the Technician visit, or if you need anything else 🙂

Cheers, 

Reece - Forum Team

Reece I have sent you a private message regarding a text I received from VM basically saying they have fixed the problem.

However, I still have the problem so can you please confirm that I have a Technician booked to visit as planned.

Reece, thank you for rebooking a technician visit and I have received the confirmation text.

Update regarding my land line issue.

A technician arrived yesterday as planned and he replaced my old Hub 2 for a new Hub 3. My landline is now plugged into the new Hub 3 and I am pleased to say that my Landline is now working as normal.

Thank you Reece for your help in organising and sorting out my problem.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @techifan,

Thanks for the update on the main thread. I'm really glad to hear that the Technician was able to get things sorted and you're now back up and running as normal 🙂

If you need anything else or have any other questions please pop back and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team