cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone and cant receive calls

Kylie1dw
Joining in

My phone has not been working since Saturday. I have no dial tone and when people have tried to call they got a message saying the number has not been recognised. This has happened on numerous occasions over the years and quite frankly has gone beyond a joke. You used to be able to report the problem online but that does not appear to be an option anymore. So how am I supposed to call when the phone doesn't work? Not everyone has a mobile phone.

8 REPLIES 8

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kylie1dw,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with our telephone service and currently have no dialing tone.

Remotely checking from our end, we can confirm that you are currently being affected by an area outage.

We do apologise for any disruption and inconvenience this has caused and we expect the services to return at an estimated time of 8pm this evening.

For more updates about this fault, you can call our service status line on 0800 561 0061.

Kind regards Jodi.     

You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

s possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

If there is an area outage then why does the service status page say there is no problem. 

Thanks for coming back to us Kylie1dw,

The service status page does not always show an area fault if only a small number of customers have been affected by this issue.

We have logged a faults ticket for you regarding this issue already. Unfortunately, whilst this area fault is still present, we will be unable to carry out further diagnostics until the estimated fix time has passed.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Well I still can't make or receive calls. But apparently now when you call my number it rings there end just not mine, and no it's not my phone. The half a dozen times this has happened before the fault was at the green box down the road. The engineers came back with either someone had removed my connection whilst connecting someone else, my connection had dislodged and one said that rust on the connection caused the fault. Either way can you please arrange an engineer for me to come any time after 4pm. I would call but my phone doesn't work.

Thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to confirm - are you able to let me know how everything is at the moment? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Well having just got home from work I can safely say it still does not work. I did however receive a text message telling me to restart my services and all should be ok. Please can you tell me how to restart a landline because I don't have a clue. Oh and by the way my mobile is payg so I won't be using that to call .

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to see the issue still persists Kylie1dw, 

From checking our service I can see the area fault has been lifted.

As you are still facing issues, I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Kylie1dw,

The technician appointment is now booked in for yourself!

If you do face any issues with the slot itself, you can reschedule via your online account through this link.

Thanks and take care,

Kain