cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone after power cut

BL110
Joining in

Same as last time we had a short power cut - power back on swiftly but land line phone not working at all. Postcode check says no problems but there obviously is and I need landline urgently. Please can tech report this asap and get back? Post code DN36 4LY

Barbara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert 

There is no point in sending anyone out for this it looks like a full outage in the DN3 & DN4 area's they know about it, the power outage hit us as well and it's been down since. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello BL110

Sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced following your recent power outage, we appreciate the concern this can cause and you raising this via the forum.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to arrange a visit to get this resolved.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming those details BL110, I have arranged for a technician to attend. You can find the details of the visit here please let me know if this isn't convenient for you and I can look to get this rescheduled, please be aware this is the earliest appointment available so any changes may delay this.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Rob

Hi Rob, Could you please send the engineer details as a private message or via email? I have downoaded the Virgin app but there is a problem and it will not open.

Robert 

There is no point in sending anyone out for this it looks like a full outage in the DN3 & DN4 area's they know about it, the power outage hit us as well and it's been down since. 

Hello BL110

From checking the system the issue is now showing as resolved, can you confirm if you're landline is now back working again?

Rob

Thank you for your help Rob - landline came back on this morning and is fine now. I am a bit concerned that if this is going to happen every time we get even a very short power cut (another storm due this evening!) it is very frustrating and difficult to get information especially without a phone line. I do think Virgin could do with an easier online reporting system as it said there were no issues yesterday when I checked.

Thank again

Thanks for the update BL110 and glad to hear the landline is back now working. We understand your concerns and we will always do all we can to restore issues when they arise but unfortunately we can't control everything and sometimes these issue will arise.

Rob